San Antonio Water System (SAWS) desires to incorporate high quality, cost-effective materials and products into the water production and distribution system; the wastewater collection and treatment system; and the recycled water supply system at competitive prices. This is done, when possible, through an open bidding process utilizing specifications outlined by SAWS departments and reviewed by the Product Standards Committee (PSC).
Items submitted for consideration must conform to SAWS product specification criteria and to other conformance standards.
- Product Submittal Application - Adobe PDF
Complete information requested on form and return to:
Product Standards Committee
San Antonio Water System
2800 U.S. Hwy 281 North
San Antonio, Texas 78212
Attn: Cassandra Reyna
Product Standards Committee Mission Statement
San Antonio Water System's Product Standards Committee (PSC) is a group of diverse cross departmental employees working together to incorporate high quality, cost-effective, safe materials and/or products into the infrastructure for the benefit of our customers. The PSC performs this function though the following objectives:
- Promotes, establishes, tests, researches, reviews, evaluates and approves quality products prior to the inclusion into SAWS Standard Specifications for Construction, Material Specifications and installation into the system infrastructure.
- Adheres to SAWS mission, vision, and values
- Establishes and maintains an up-to-date list of approved products
- Meets regularly to vote on approved products or issues and to discuss any issues or products that may impede the SAWS infrastructure which may be required to be removed from the system.
- Publishes updates to the SAWS standard material and construction specifications.
- Adheres to national standards such as AWWA, ANSI, and ASTM.