- Contract Solicitations
- Procurement Bids
- Construction & Materials Specifications
- Developer Resources
- Contractors\Plumbers List
- Clearing and Grading Ordinance
- Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Prevention Program
- Fire Hydrant Meter Rates
- Flatrate Sewer Program
- Impact Fees
- Modeling Criteria Guidelines
- New Service
- Specifications for New Development
- TxDOT Utility Installation Requests
- Utility Service Regulations
- Well Permit Forms
- Design Resources
- SMWVB at SAWS
- Bidder, Consultant and Vendor Registration
Flat Rate Sewer Program
In accordance with Chapter 34 of the San Antonio City Code regarding water & sewer, this program was established to allow an alternate method of determining a fair and equitable monthly sewer and/or surcharge-billing basis for general accounts. A general account is defined as a commercial/industrial user whose monthly sewer bill is based on 100 percent of the monthly metered water consumption.
Customers requesting to participate in the Flat Rate Sewer Program must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a continually active account with a water purveyor within our sanitary sewer jurisdiction. (Accounts open for a seasonal basis are not eligible)
- And, one of the following:
- Any user who uses water in their daily activities, which is not discharged into the sanitary sewer system (not to include irrigation).
- Any user who receives water from an un-monitored water source (well).
- Any user whose wastewater discharge exceeds their monthly-metered incoming water consumption.
SAWS Flat Rate/Surcharge section will determine the most cost-effective method to be used to establish a monthly sewer and/or surcharge (if applicable) volume basis for each customer and will determine if an annual savings of $350 can be established. There are various methods to establish a volume basis, i.e., installation of internal sub-meters, wastewater meters, or an engineering report, as outlined in the Flat Rate Sewer Program Procedure. Each customer is responsible for the costs associated with qualifying for the Flat Rate Sewer Program.
The installation of any internal meters without prior contact to our office may prevent a customer from participation. Please contact us prior to proceeding with any of these actions.
All customers will be required to adhere to the Flat Rate Sewer Program Procedure. Failure to do so will result in the removal of account(s) from the program and will cause the account(s) to be ineligible to participate in this program for six (6) months.
It is the intent of SAWS to create an accurate and appropriate billing for the customers within this program. Please read through the requirements for the Flat Rate Sewer Program provided in the application.
For more information, please contact a Flat Rate/Surcharge Specialist at 210-233-2017
8 a.m. â€“ 5 p.m. Monday â€“ Friday.
Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files? Click here.