Product Submittal Mission Statement
San Antonio Water System's Product Standards Committee (PSC) is a group of diverse cross departmental employees working together to incorporate high quality, cost-effective, safe materials and/or products into the infrastructure for the benefit of our customers. The PSC performs this function though the following objectives:
- Promotes, establishes, tests, researches, reviews and approves quality products prior to the installation into the system infrastructure.
- Adheres to SAWS mission, vision, and values
- Establishes and maintains an up-to-date list of approved products
- Meets regularly to vote on approved products or issues and to discuss any issues or products that may impede the SAWS infrastructure which may be required to be removed from the system.
- Publishes updates to the SAWS standard material and construction specifications.
- Publishes updates to the SAWS Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety equipment specifications.
- Reviews, writes, and publishes specifications for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Adheres to national standards such as AWWA, ANSI, and ASTM.